&currency
RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[1] No News Day
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, April 13, 2006 by jvs:
No news on Thursday and Friday.

There is NO news here today or tomorrow... here's why...

RN wishes everything ran on free air, trust us we do. But it doesn't. And we
can't. We get a very high amount of hits nowadays, a phenomenal amount,
checking out what we consider the best United news site on the web. But that
isn't transferred to orders of the mag, orders online or use of our sponsors.
RN remains wholly independent, without any backers, and that's pretty unique,
and the way we like it, 19 years after we first started, but as a consequence
we NEED YOUR HELP to survive. To flourish. Not a major amount, not a pint of
your blood, less in fact than a pint of beer costs each month and YOU get
something for EVERYTHING you contribute to here. Without your support no news
today would be no news everyday. We are not joking, our survival depends on it,
and you.

We thank all of you - especially our loyal readers - who don't just lurk and
support RN. We know this begging doesn't go down well with some of you. Do you
think we enjoy doing it? But the ratio from lurkers to supporters is ridiculous.

Without your support the fanzine - and the website - can't continue. We pride
ourselves with a team of lads - in their spare time - who post news 24 hours a
day, continually updating for the most substantial news service on the web. It
is tough as we are a tiny fanzine (you wouldn't believe how tiny) contributed
to from home or work (don't tell the boss) pc's. Mostly on dial up! But we
don't lie when we say we need your help. Scores of people use this site but
sadly many, the vast majority, give nothing in return. Clicking on ads or using
the news page doesn't gain us income, in fact if it goes over a limit it costs
us, we ONLY receive income if you order something. We want to expand though. We
want to provide MORE United news.

One simple question - if we weren't around, of course you'll get United news
elsewhere, but do you think it would be as substantial, as dedicated, as
continuous, as RN provides - EVERY DAY? YOU would miss out. And so would we...
We love doing this site, we love doing the news. But we can't front the bills
ourselves.

Look away now if you don't care. But if you do want us to survive, do
appreciate the service and want to give a little back (and getting something in
the process) do you bit. We're not asking for the earth, just that those who
can do their bit and help the cause by taking up one of the many great, bargain
offers below...

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine. 10 issue offer.

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
now order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 124. Out April 9th

RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order a single copy click on

Either send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG made
payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

United People CD - United music for just £9.99 inc p&p in UK!

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Price just £9.99 inc p&p UK
£11.99 ROW inc p&p

you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - via Red
News and the safe, secure paypal.

Enter product code UtdPeopcd

e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

SPECIAL OFFERS!!!

- A random selection of 10 back issues from recent and distant past for just
£7.50 in the UK inc p&p, £12.50 inc p&p ROW!

or  - The full set of 50+ available back issues (PLUS The Secret Diary Of
Cantona book) are JUST £30.00 (incl. p&p) in the UK, £40.00 (incl. p&p) Rest of
the World.  - An absolute BARGAIN!

or-  order copies individually

Back issue Available/Cost

The following are just £0.20p each + an 47p S.A.E.
(unless otherwise stated)
Vol 2 No.4 Paraffin Pete
Vol 3 No.1 G. McQueen interview
Vol 3 No 2 The 55 Day Fiasco
Vol 3 No.4 Paul McGrath interview
Vol 4 No.1 We're back!
Vol 4 No.2 First Cantona Diary

The following are just £0.40p each + an 47p S.A.E.
(unless otherwise stated)
Vol 5 No.1 Reliving the dream
Vol 5 No.2 Big Jim Holton
Vol 5 No.4 Sir Matt Busby
Vol 5 No.5 Cometh the hour. Cometh the Man...United
Vol 5 No.6 Champions Again!
Vol 6 No.1 Steve Bruce interview
Vol 6 No.2 New A5 size.
Vol.6 No.3 Red & Famous
Vol 6 No.4 Still The King
Vol 6 No.5 Paddy Crerand interview
Vol 6 No.6 Dion Dublin interview
Vol 6 No.7 Brian Robson interview
Vol 7 No.1 Managers interview
Vol 7 No.3 Joe Jordan interview
Vol 7 No.4 IMUSA interview
Vol 7 No.5 Sammy McIlroy interview
Vol 7 No.6 Arthur Albiston interview
Vol 7 No.7 Paul Ince interview
Vol 8 No.1 Double Double Special
Vol 8 No.2 Milan & Ireland
Vol 8 No.7 Great Euro Aways
Vol 8 No.8 Porto Special Report
Vol 9 No.2 Barca '84
Vol 9 No.4 Rotterdam
Vol 9 No.5 Borino Torino
Vol 9 No.6 Munich - Never Forgotten
Vol 9 No.7 Scouse-tubbies
Vol 9 No.8 Monaco
Vol 9 No.9 Euro woe
No. 53 Stam interview
No. 54 Gary Pallister interview
No. 55 SKY
No. 56 Sheringham interview
No. 57 Kiddo
No. 58 Utd 2 Liv 1!
No. 59 Gary Neville

The following are just £0.60p each + an S.A.E. of a 47p stamp in the UK
(unless otherwise stated)
No. 64 Lack of atmosphere.
No. 65 Keane
No. 69 Paddy Crerand Interview
No. 70...Eric beach tournament
No. 71...Dublin, Bizarre Games
No. 72...Norman Whiteside interview
No. 74...Graz Issue
No. 75...Brian McClair interview Issue
No. 76...Trafford Borough Council interview
No. 78...Fergie special (£2.50 inc p&p)
No. 79...The Ali Veron show
No. 80...The Jaap Stam story - his ghostwriter interviewed
No. 81...Bryan Robson interview
No. 82...Great United Songs + Wes Brown i/view (£2.50 incl p&p)
No. 84...Mikael Silvestre interview
No. 86...End of season special
No. 87...Eric Cantona interviewed
No. 88...I met a player once
No. 89...Rio Ferdinand interview
No. 91...United are back!
No. 92...Gary Neville interview
No. 94...Monopoly/George Best FREE poster inside
No. 96...Summer Title Issue
No. 98...Cuddly Pete is off
No. 99...Rio urine storm
No. 101...Lee Martin interview
No. 102...Quinton Fortune interview
No. 103... Happy birthday Paddy Crerand
No. 104... I'm a Fan not a Customer
No. 105... Ryan Giggs interview

Back issues from last season cost just £0.75 each + S.A.E. of a 42p stamp  in
the UK
(unless otherwise stated)

No. 106... Summer Special, views on Alan Smith signing (All of the above offers
are subject to availabilty.)
No. 107... August Edition.
No.108... Karl Evans interview

SPECIAL OFFERS!!!

- A random selection of 10 back issues from recent and distant past for just
£7.50 in the UK inc p&p, £12.50 inc p&p ROW!

or  - The full set of 50+ available back issues (PLUS The Secret Diary Of
Cantona book) are JUST £30.00 (incl. p&p) in the UK, £40.00 (incl. p&p) Rest of
the World.  - An absolute BARGAIN!

Back issues from this season cost just £2.00 each + S.A.E. of a 47p stamp  in
the UK (unless otherwise stated) - or cheque for £2.50 and £3.50 ROW.

Issue. 119 Roger Brierley RIP
Issue. 120 Ted Beckham and Van Der Sar interviews
Issue. 121 George Best tributes
Issue. 123 Ole interview

(any back issue not listed has sold out and is completely unavailable)

Sterling cheques (only, please) payable to : RED NEWS should be sent to : Red
News, PO Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+Back+Issues&item_number=Back+Issues&page_style=PayPal&cn=list+editions+ordered&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+Back+Issues&item_number=Back+Issues&page_style=PayPal&cn=list+editions+ordered&currency_code=GBP

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

My Memories of Manchester United by Norman Whiteside (published 2003) just
£5.99 INCLUDING postage and packing (rrp £14.99 - you save £9!) through Red
News.

All prices are for UK, for Europe add £1 for each book, £2 for ROW

When ordering state Norman on product code

e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[35] Small fire put out at Old Trafford
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2006 by Garryowen:
from BBC

Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze at Manchester United's Old Trafford
football ground.
Crews were called at about noon after a fire started at the rear terrace on the
seventh floor of the stadium where building work is taking place.

The fire service said it was put out within 40 minutes by three fire engines
and an aerial appliance.

More than 25 firefighters dealt with the fire and building workers were cleared
from the site.

Scaffolding and a gas cylinder being used at the building site at the ground
were involved in the incident, said a spokesman for the fire service.

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon