On Thursday 23 October 2003 04:19 pm, Donald Tyler wrote:
> I also followed the instructions, and just ended up there staring at it
> while it said "Connecting".
>
> ssh from terminal works fine. Have any ideas why it wouldn't work?
>
> p.s. I did everything in the link that you (RDB) posted.

Hm... I'm not sure. Some typo in the link, though:

SSH Prog name: ssh (note it's lower case)

Make sure you select SSH2 in the drop down box of GFTP (top right). Also, does
/usr/libexec/openssh exists on the server that you're trying to connect to?

Post the messages from GFTP if you could. Restart gFTP maybe ??

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy