Frank, I think your point misses the issue. It is not about whether particular Catholics follow one rule or the next -- whether they use birth control in their lives, or support choice, or support the death penalty, or think toruture is a good public policy.  My point is not about what the politiciians, liberal or consevative, think or do.  it is about what the clergy -- especially the Pope -- might do.

But, I will exist from this discussion now, as it is clearly not longer "legal" or "constitiutional."

Francis Beckwith wrote:
 I was trying to make the same point as David, but with a little levity.
(The point was: this stuff cuts both ways, so let's move on).

You guys are wound up a little too tight for me.  So much for the stereotype
of "laid back Californians."  :-)

Frank