In a message dated 8/2/2005 9:47:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
For a more thorough analysis, see my essay about it or the full report itself. I have a hard time believing that this curriculum could survive a court challenge. Even without the obvious sectarian nature of it, the scholarship and pedagogy alone is utter garbage. Yet this curriculum is endorsed by groups like the American Center for Law and Justice. It's astonishing to me that an organization like that would endorse a curriculum as riddled with lies and nonsense as this one is.
Ed, you are right to doubt that boobery and nuthatchism should be likely to survive a court challenge.  Of course, I felt much the same way, when pursuing my undergraduate degree in biology, when a professor in the Marine Biology department, teaching a course on evolutionary biology, gave the lecture on the already long discredited then theory that ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.  Obviously, instead of simply pointing out to the professor after class that the fields of embryology and fetology had discredited entirely that theory, I should have sought a judicial determination that his teaching of an unfounded article of human evolutionary faith constituted an establishment of religion.

On a more serious note, why shouldn't ID and evolution and YEC and other origins philosophies be the subject of instruction in a sociology or psychology or philosophy course.  I know, not so many of those taught in our elementary and secondary schools.  One thing I know that I know is that a great deal that is taught in high school biology courses is taught, and is capable of being taught, from a point of view agnostic on origins, and without reference to origins.

Jim Henderson
Senior Counsel
ACLJ