Brian,

I've used the WACom 4 cavity duplexers with 100 watts and no problem...no
desense.

The 7000 has a spurious spec of 85 db or better, but I don't believe much
the foreign companies say.  With the Yeasu 5000 they say 50 watts, but for
continuous duty must lower to 15 watts.  This is in their spec and is one
spec I believe.  7000 might have spurs or other noise not down 85 db and
this can cause desense.  A duplexer with 80 db isolation and repeater tx
down another 85 db is what you need.

If the spurious emission is a spur or just tx noise not on the tx freq, but
somewhere else close to your rx and if only say 60 db down (typical for ham
rigs) then you could have a problem.  This same thing happens when some
take a perfectly good tx and put ham PA on it.  Looks good on that watt
meter.

This is why I prefer good old and new commercial Motorola or GE.  They do
what they say.

Going from 10 watts with the 2410 to I think 70 watts with the 7000 (8.5
db) this is not much of a change for a duplexers.  Sounds as if you have
much more than 8.5 db desense.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ron is the owner of Micro Computer Concepts, a manufacture of repeaters and
repeater controllers since 1988.
You may see our products at http://home.earthlink.net/~mccrpt or call at
727-376-6575.
Contact me at 8849 Gum Tree Ave, New Port Richey, FL 34653 USA

Owner of the 146.64 repeater, the highest repeater, 1175 ft HAAT,
in the Tampa Bay area, Florida.  The repeater also has ECHOLINK, node 79540.

Pasco County Skywarn Coordinator
Skywarn meets on 146.64 each Wednesday at 8 PM.
Skywarn nets are activated on 146.64 when the
National Weather Service broadcast a weather alert.

All are welcome.