At 11:12 AM 9/26/2007, Steve wrote:
>A transmitter may have broadband noise with considerable noise content
>at the receive frequency. The notch in the transmit side removes
>transmitter noise that may impair your receiver's capability.

In my day job 99% of the problems I have with noise floor is related
to transmitter noise that is in band on my RX freq.  Usually it is
another transmitter at the site and we ask them to install a
bandpass/notch filter to lower the noise floor on our receiver.  The
notch is tuned to our receiver frequency.  That happened two weeks
ago in Hawaii.

73,
Mark N5RFX