I think the ID in DTMF you are talking about is the user ID which is
transmitted at the end of a transmission as the bubble up.  The DTMF sequence
is the user number.

  If you want to have the Z38A transmit an ID every 15 minutes in Morse whether
it has been active or not, put a user number in the system config with the ID
you want.  If you only want an ID when the system is active, put the ID in the
user number with the tone you are using and put user 0 in the system ID slot.

  If you set the CTCSS on transmit to terminate when the user stops
transmitting, the CTCSS will continue during the ID and then drop for the rest
of the squelch tail.

  Let me know if you have any more questions.  I have 5 of the Z38A operating
in amateur repeaters.

  73 - Jim  W5ZIT

Maire-Radios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            what you are talking about the ID in DTMF and the time factor are
all in programming.  I don't have a book on the unit here but it all can be
done.

  John