Along these same lines....

Has anyone on this list built / put into practice a Gray-Hoverman panel
antenna? How do they perform? Is it worth building one? Double or single?
http://www.casano.com/projects/hoverman/index.html

I'm about 70 miles from my target DTV market. (Pittsburgh, PA) NOBODY here
can seem to get the Pittsburgh ABC affiliate with their current V/U antenna
setups. (WTAE4) I have some people that I am helping get their converter
boxes hooked up and working. They are VERY disappointed that they won't be
able get their news from channel 4 once DTV has gone into full effect. (They
DO have one of the areas BEST news teams - in my opinion.)

I'm wondering if a dedicated UHF panel and good UHF only preamp will help
the situation. I can get MOST of the other Pittsburgh DTV stations, but
WATE's signal just doesn't make it. If you look at their coverage map they
are loosing QUITE a bit of territory.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/images/callsigns/WTAE.gif

Sure would be nice to get it. Just looking for ideas and comments.

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC
474 Barnett Rd