From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:01 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Split site link via IP

Thanks Nate.

I'm not running a node or anything as of yet... More like researching my
options for linking and so forth for the future.

Right now, I'm trying to bring two remote RX sites to a comparator for a
three-RX site system.  My problem is, I have been waiting nearly TWO YEARS
for the county to get their microwave backbone online - so I can have two
E+M lines for my remote sites.  (The county is gracious enough to give me
space at their tower AND provide the repeater equipment, so beggars can't be
choosers...)  The problem is nobody at the county seems to know how to
program the MainStreet equipment that is interfaced into their RF microwave.
Rather than pull more of my hair out, I am investigating "other avenues"...
and I know that T-1 lines are cost prohibitive.  (Plus, there is no Telco
service to the tower site.)  There is, however, Internet service via a
Canopy system...

I'm hoping a friend I have can program the MainStreet ends for me, but
getting him away from his employer long enough to do this is my latest
problem to resolve...

Ah, repeaters.  <sigh>

Mark - N9WYS