Unfortunately, this is exactly what Comcast was hoping -- the customer changed
service. They don't want customers who keep making service calls requiring
repeated tech support. These calls cost them money that they don't want to
spend.

I'll bet that they wasted no time in processing the termination of service.
I'll further guess that the response to the termination was far faster than
getting someone to come out for a trouble call.

I realize it's aggravating, and I understand the frustration, but if people
kept hounding companies like this they (the companies) just might get things
fixed. The same goes for cellular phone service.

Chuck
WB2EDV