The radio shown in the photo is called a RCA Tac 300, RCA's answer to a Maxar.
On UHF Models it used crystals same as a Motorola Maxar, and if equipped with
PL (separate board), the tone board used 2 precision resistors to select a tone
frequency. In UHF 25 watts, VHF was 30 watts, think they were 10.7 IF, and I
recall using Regency scanner xtals on the RX.
Nothing fancy, plain jane mobile. Requires an amplified mic.

A $50.00 Motorola Radius ebay mobile will be a much better choice, unless you
have a strange urge to waste money on crystals.

The RCA Tac 200 was a 2 piece unit similiar to a GE Mastr2 mobile.

Chris
GMRS Inc.