From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kirk
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 11:40 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: On the topic of RCA radios

A number of years ago I picked up a TAC-310SX at a hamfest and spent
literally days figuring out the programming scheme. I wrote a spreadsheet
program that would calculate the eprom data for both VHF and UHF units and
have since that time used it with half a dozen radios. If and when I escape
the mid-Atlantic blizzard and get home, I can send you the spreadsheet or do
the calculation for you. If you want me to burn the eproms, I can do that
for you as well.

Kirk
KD0J

--- In Repeater-Builder@ <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, w7...@... wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are you familiar with the TAC-310SX? I use several in mobile and base
applications. I really am impressed with the audio. I like the fact they use
a "Com-Spec" tone board, controlled by a 2716 EPROM.

> For years, I have been asking if anyone had programming info for the
frequency EPROM (2716), and the "PL" EPROM (2716). I had a fellow program
mine, and lost track of him. Now, I have to change some frequencies and "PL"
tones......so does anyone have capability to program the two EPROMS for the
TAC310SX (TACTEC)(McCORMICK)? Love these radios!

> Regards,
>
> TIM W7TRH / AFA0TP
>
> Vashon Is. Wa.

Rebco units, the TAC 100 came out about 1979.

yahoogroups.com , "motarolla_doctor" <echocomms@> wrote:

> > It IS a RCA TAC 100 that were made in Japan for RCA.
> >
> > TacTel Systems, some RCA LMR people, acquired the RCA Land Mobile radio
Div. including the RCA Service Co.'s mobile radio field service. TacTel went
belly up a few years later.
> > Fidelco continued for a few years after that with the service part and
went out of business. IIRC 1992.

> > "Eric Lemmon" <wb6fly@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That makes good sense. According to a news release, the RCA Land
Mobile