The Tac 310Sx was a short run radio, mfg in Japan, final assembly in PA. When
you got a good one they worked great, weak PA's were a problem.
Much smaller than the Tac 300 and programmable with scan.
As I recall we used a plain old 2716 prom reader/burner when our RCA factory
programmer bit the dust. Probably dirt cheap on ebay.
If you find a burner, read the existing chip, COPY it to a new chip, would not
take a chance on changing the existing one as they must be UV erased before
rewriting.Chips are available everywhere cheap.
Good luck finding anyone who still programs the units.

Chris
GMRS Inc.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, w7...@... wrote:
Hello,
Are you familiar with the TAC-310SX? I use several in mobile and base
applications. I really am impressed with the audio. I like the fact they use a
"Com-Spec" tone board, controlled by a 2716 EPROM.

> For years, I have been asking if anyone had programming info for the
> frequency EPROM (2716), and the "PL" EPROM (2716). I had a fellow program
> mine, and lost track of him. Now, I have to change some frequencies and "PL"
> tones......so does anyone have capability to program the two EPROMS for the
> TAC310SX (TACTEC)(McCORMICK)? Love these radios!
Regards,
TIM W7TRH / AFA0TP
Vashon Is. Wa.

In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com , "motarolla_doctor" <echocomms@> wrote:
It IS a RCA TAC 100 that were made in Japan for RCA.
TacTel Systems, some RCA LMR people, acquired the RCA Land Mobile radio Div.
including the RCA Service Co.'s mobile radio field service. TacTel went belly
up a few years later.
Fidelco continued for a few years after that with the service part and went out
of business. IIRC 1992.