> "WB2DSS" <wb2...@...> wrote:
> Hi Skipp,
> I've been following this thread, and I believe I have
> an ID board here, SOMEPLACE!! If I can find it, do you
> want me to send it to you so you can see what it looks like?
> I may have a manual and/or schematic, if I can locate that also.
> Let me know.
> Thanks,
> 73,
> Rich
> Rich Poczkalski  WB2DSS
> wb2...@...

Hi Rich,

That would be wonderful... I'll email you direct...  The ID'er
is so straight forward these units could be easily simplified,
upgraded with some additional features and possibly turned into
a clone board.

Although this is sort of a lost in time circuit when compared to
new faster, better layouts using small stamp/pic processors (the
ID O'Matic being an excellent example) it's still a lot of fun to
build and program these things.

And to get 1970 through 1980 repeater circuit nostalgic I really
enjoyed building the Diode Matrix ID'er Kits offered up by
Hamtronics (probably the best working design), VHF-Engineering
(worked OK but was quirky) and Spectrum (haven't had my hands
on one "yet").

Then we move on in time toward CSC, AutoCode and Racomm Prom
based units (anyone remember the Racomm Voice unit?). Hamtronics
offered up a stand-alone Eprom based ID unit, of which I think
I have one somewhere.

Now when not talking about all the available External Repeater
Controllers with obvious ID functions included... we have small
stand alone ID'ers like the very cost effective (and versatle)
ID O'Matic Units which make it difficult to ignore this fast
forward trend in electronics.

But it's still fun to play with the old stuff... and many times
make it work pretty well.

thanks
skipp