From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:56 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Micor Stock Power Supplies

I have been following the 9.6 Volt Micor Voltage information. One post
indicated that if one were to replace the Stock MICOR Supply with a switcher
and add the 9.6 Volt circuit, the monthly electric bill to run the repeater
could be significantly reduced. Is this due to the fact that the switcher,
in the standby mode, draws much less current and therefore cost less to
operate or is it this combined with efficiently when the repeater is in
operation. I have stock MICOR and MASTR II Supplies and would like your
expertise on the merits of replacing them with one large switcher or a
couple switchers. As always thanks in advance for your input and sharing
your experiences with us.

73 JIM KA2AJH Wellsville, N.Y.