From: Andrew Seybold <aseyb...@andrewseybold.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, August 27, 2010 5:39:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Seeking emergency system design help

The FCC is re-thinking the move to 6.25 KHz based on the fact that narrow band
systems (and I have done a few of them) lose about 30% of the existing coverage
AND the NEW FCC believes that broadband is what it is all about in the
future—no
matter that broadband cannot do simplex or any of the other stuff needed for
LMR
and public safety.

And like a few others have said on here—you have to narrowband but are NOT
required to move to digital—P25 or anything else, I have just completed several
systems which use analog and we have moved them from Wide to Narrow with no
problems—EXCEPT the coverage problems I mentioned.

Andy
W6AMS
(and btw there are professional LMR folks and consultants who work with this
stuff every day on this list, just because we are hams too does not mean that
we
are not in the business as well)