From: n5qs <ygr...@white-tiger.org>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, August 27, 2010 2:11:49 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Seeking emergency system design help

Chuck

Please abandon the idea of using D-Star equipment modified for non amateur use.
First this is ILLEGAL.
2nd there is no commercial equipment that I am aware of that is compatible
without modification.

I would suggest using Kenwood Nextedge technology.
This is very similar in performance to the D-Star and has a bandwidth of 6.25
KHz on a simplex radio (Mototurbo can not operate at 6.25 KHz without
infrastructure)
The FCC has already stated that the 6.25 KHz bandwidth is coming they just
don't
give any date prediction and I would not design a NEW system that did not
comply
directly with the ability to use this bandwidth.

This is probably the most stable technology in todays market that can be set up
with off the shelf equipment.
I am too far away to help but would be glad to advise any legal way that I can.

Roger