From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill Smith
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 5:58 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Seeking emergency system design help

Andy, my comment was not directed at the professionals, such as yourself and
others I know personally that are on this list. They were based on his stated
requirement for a disaster recovery radio system. It's not something to do
cheap or without expert guidance.

People keep commenting on losing range with narrowband systems. A large UHF LTR
system I installed and maintained lost no discernable range switching from 5
KHZ to 2.5 KHz. All else was the same. Same antenna system, same repeaters,
same mobiles. They just pushed a button to bring them to the new talkgroups.

Bill

KB1MGH