Hi Phil,

This error usually indicates that you are using the wrong capacity tape for
the drive or that the media is damaged. It can also indicate device or
communication problems. If your script fails on an unattended backup, can
you then run the backup successfully immediately after?

- First, try a new 30 GB cartridge.
- Isolate the device and connect it directly to the Mac.
- Change the cartridge.
- Check/replace your Firewire cable
- Change port the used to connect device to the computer
- Update/Reinstall Firewire adapter drivers.
- Finally, try the device on another computer.

HTH

Regards,

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support
925.253.3050
++++++++
Try our new Searchable Knowledgebase at:
http://partners.dantz.com:591/faq/