On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:30:59PM +0100, John Horne wrote:

> > I presume I need to add the argument "--nocolors" to the versioncheck line?
> >
> Yes, but add it to the '--update' line as well. Alternatively, you can
> combine it all in one:
>
>  rkhunter --versioncheck --update --cronjob --report-warnings-only | ...
>
> You then don't need the '--nocolors' option because '--cronjob' assumes
> it.

Done. Thanks!

> RKH is only going to report what it finds at the time it is run. So it
> is possible for it to report deleted files, and the next minute report
> none. I suspect if you do something like 'ls -l /dev/pts/0' it will
> report that there is no such file (which would agree with what RKH is
> saying). However, missing /dev/pts/0 seems a bit odd. A reboot should
> fix it.

Done. Cron job runs at 03:00. I'll see what happens in the morning. Thanks!

> > Ahh... OK No problem. I've just added a "rm /dev/suspscan.*" line to my
> > rkhunter cron script (but haven't tested it yet).
> >
> That should be '/dev/shm/...'.

Ooops. Typo in my email - got it right in the script!. Thanks!

> >  Are you planning a v1.3.1 release any time soon?
> >
> Well I have a small list of things to fix, let alone adding anything
> new. So I doubt it will be too soon. However, that is for unSpawn, the
> project leader, to decide.
>
> Also, the next official release will be version 1.3.2. The current CVS
> version is 1.3.1. There was an email about the version numbers a short
> while ago :-)

OK - Sorry, only been on the list since Oct 16. I checked the archives about
some of the above problems but I didn't spot (didn't look for) anything about
version numbers.

I might try to check out the cvs version (but I'm not a developer and I always
seem to get the syntax wrong and get confused about modulenames). Are there any
other bugfixes that would make it worth the effort for a small user like me?
(errr.. I mean a user of a small server - I'm actually 6'0" don't you know...)

Thanks again!

AD