On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 23:15 +0100, Arthur Dent wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:30:59PM +0100, John Horne wrote:
>

> > Also, the next official release will be version 1.3.2. The current CVS
> > version is 1.3.1. There was an email about the version numbers a short
> > while ago :-)
>
> OK - Sorry, only been on the list since Oct 16. I checked the archives about
> some of the above problems but I didn't spot (didn't look for) anything about
> version numbers.

The message can be seen at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1191928091.2835.29.camel%40ash.trees99.org.uk&forum_name=rkhunter-users

> I might try to check out the cvs version (but I'm not a developer and I always
> seem to get the syntax wrong and get confused about modulenames). Are there
> any
> other bugfixes that would make it worth the effort for a small user like me?
> (errr.. I mean a user of a small server - I'm actually 6'0" don't you know...)

You don't need to access CVS directly. You can download the nightly CVS
version as a tarball from
http://rkhunter.sourceforge.net/rkhunter-CVS.tar.gz

The CVS version already has a few bug fixes, but whether you need them
depends on your system and the tests being run. The CHANGELOG file will
show you the differences between version 1.3.0 and the CVS version
(1.3.1).

John.