thanks emil.

i was able to change the base memory and i set up the system to start
in sage shell. i get to the sage prompt after typing ./sage but i
can't do
any math stuff there. i get the following error.

WARNING! This shell install was built on a machine that supports
instructions that are not
available on this computer. Sage will likely fail with ILLEGAL
INSTRUCTIONS errors!
The following processor flags were on the build machine but are not
on  this computer.

ssse3

So whats happening here ? help me
also for this mailing list , can I set up the options so that I get
the email notices for the
replies to the threads started by me only ?

thanks