it's not a bug, it's a feature. :-)
https://discourse.matplotlib.org/t/default-format-of-axis-offset-label/23162/2

Correct.

import matplotlib as mpl
mpl.rcParams['axes.formatter.useoffset'] = False
plot((x^2+0.0001)/(x^2+0.0001000001), (x,-0.1,0.1))

produces the normal labelling of y-axes, without an offset.
Perhaps we should have an example like this in the manual.

Or rather, should the default be useoffset False?  We already change one of
the defaults in https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/37502 and I wonder
how often people are seeing this offset; I've personally never seen it
actually show up before, but maybe it's more common than we think.  Has
anyone seen it on ask.sagemath?