On Friday 15 March 2024 at 12:42:49 UTC-7 kcrisman wrote:

Or rather, should the default be useoffset False?

Yes, I think that would be reasonable to do. Clearly, offsets being used
without the user knowing they exist can easily lead to confusion and
misinterpreting the graph, as had been demonstrated here. With the default
off, the user would get an ugly graph. If they want to improve it, they
would hopefully read the documentation. If we document "useoffset" then the
user could find it there.