Hello Ceri,

  You can always check by experiment ;)

  However, if you host LDAP server on the same machine, there
becomes a circular dependency between the client and server
(user names should be known before service startup).

  There are workarounds to be googled-up which reconfigure the
dependencies, but in general this situation is not supported by
Sun (AFAIK), and workarounds can be broken by patches/updates.

--
Best regards,
 Jim Klimov                            mailto:kli...@2ka.mipt.ru