I've found some problems with brewing because of the
condition of the brewing jar.

Sometimes, using the same jar, after a while it won't ever
trip the automatic cutoff since it never gets up to the
proper conduction rate.  Just makes more and more buildup on
the electrodes.  In this case, I wash it out thoroughly with
H2O2 and a scrubber and rinse several times with distilled
water. Sometimes, I dry out with a paper towel between
rinsings.

If you use a new or different jar and experience weird
problems, try washing it out in the same fashion.

Dan

Saralou wrote:
Given: Using a Silver puppy on automatic brew. Room temp distilled water tests 0 on TDS meter. I have been seeding new batches with about an oz of the previous batch. All batches test between 5 and 7 TDS.

1. Timing. I think it may be taking too long to brew. *How do I fix it? * When I first started I used a 16 oz canning jar and it was finished in appx 3.5 hours. I've recently changed to a 32 oz jar and it's taking a loooooooong time. I can't exactly tell how long since I'm not around when it quits. The one on the stirrer right now started at 6 last night and it's still not done at 16 hours. Stirrer is appz 1 inch long. Q: is this right? Q: should I start with all distilled H2O instead of distilled with EIS in it? Q: Will heating the water in the microwave shorten the batch time? Q: will using a longer stirrer help? Q: Is there any benefit to making many small batches instead of larger ones? Q: Am i just being impatient?

2. Storage: *containers and length of time*. Q: Does it hurt the EIS to use clean plastic pop bottles? Q: Do I need to shield it from light? Q: Is there a rule of thumb for max storing time?

Thanks much.  Saralou