Evening Dan,

>> At 11:29 PM 11/3/2007, you wrote:

  Very interesting Dan,

>>If you use a new or different jar and experience weird
problems, try washing it out in the same fashion.

  No doubt you have thought of everything.

  Do you suppose an invisible film exists that is conductive?

  I  seen glass have a silver coloring and appears to be plated.

Is it possible that glass has different purity factors, and different impurities?

  What about brewing CS in a ceramic container?  Has anyone tried that?

While I have never been involved with these generators, I have read a high percent of all messages. I have thought about the circuits, and likely circuits and features that do no not exist in the units.

Seems if the starting resistance was high enough, a reasonable level of variable voltage could not produce much current at the beginning,

I wonder if anyone has taken a variable voltage, that goes relatively high, to see what voltage would be required to create a decent starting voltage, maybe much higher than in common use.

Seems a few have complained, or stated that some batches take an extremely long time, longer than normal.

Is it not acceptable to use a small amount of CS in a new batch to insure some starting current without a long wait?

Seems Terry Chamberlain, ( our missing member ) always used one quart per gallon and 100 VDC or similar. ( maybe 110 ) I used 75 VDC a time or two after I first started making CS.

I am not saying he used a perfect design but it did not take him two days to make a gallon.

Surely you can figure out the answer.

Maybe we need to research glass quality.

Wayne