From: Ode Coyote <odecoy...@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: CS>water distiller question
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 3:13 AM

  Try 68 cents a gallon sometimes.

No way electricity would cost that much to distill water !!  [..not like I know
what it costs in the UK....really?  ]
Have you tried battery water from the auto parts store?

it takes about 3 kilowatt hours to make a gallon of distilled water. A kilowatt
= 1000 watts, a kilowatt hour is 1000 watts per hour. The power company sells
you electricity by the kilowatt; the average kilowatt cost is about 8-10 cents.
Since the distiller will use three kilowatt hours to make a gallon of water the
cost is about 24 cents per gallon. That's a whole lot cheaper than bottled
water. http://arrowheadcutlery.com/healthcraft/faq.htm

Ode