Re: CS>Hanna Meter Model Number

    * From: Mike Monett (view other messages by this author)
    * Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:48:15

  Ken, thanks   for   the   good   info,   especially   on controlling
  temperature!

  As far  as  getting two units to agree, the spec  is  +/-2%  of full
  scale. This  means  +/-2ppm, which means one unit could  read  4 ppm
  higher or  lower  than another and they would still  be  in  spec. A
  slight difference in temperature would increase the discrepancy.

  The problem is the units are design for higher conductivity  than we
  typically get  in cs, so our readings are at the bottom  20%  of the
  range. This  is  the least accurate portion. Here's  the  specs from
  Hanna's site:

    Range               : 0.1 to 99.9 uS/cm
    Resolution          : 0.1 uS/cm
    Accuracy (@20C/68F) : +/-2% Full Scale

    http://www.hannainst.com/products/testers/pwt.htm

  Although individual units may differ by more than we would like, one
  would hope they would be consistent and repeatable. As far as  I can
  determine from searching the archives, most people seem to  feel the
  units are  repeatable.  I  know  you  have  posted  seeing different
  results, but it is not clear what caused them.

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett