Wendy writes:
> Then somewhere else last week I read that stainless steel does seep and
> that you could take distilled water and test it- then fill a stainless
> steel pot up, leave it overnight and then test it the next day for TDS.

There's an easy way to misinterpret that experiment... Put a quantity
of distilled water out in *any* container, and it'll increase in TDS
reading (conductivity) as it absorbs CO2 from the air and makes
carbonic acid.

Unless they did some careful control on that test, it would not be
conclusive, I think.

Be well,

Mike D.