Hi Wendy,

That smooth surface on SS and glass only appears to be smooth. At a microscopic level, there are many, many, many pits. These pits are capable of holding small amounts of cooked stuff. When you let the distilled water soak in the SS or even glass, it pulls these bits out.

If you want to prove it to yourself, do it for succeeding days, the tds levels should drop each day.

Let us know,

Best wishes for your head not to hurt,

Craig

I just read Dr. Hulda Clark's new book (after I sent the post about
visionware pots) 'The prevention of all cancers' and she indicates that
Glassware, canning jars, Teflon, toothbrushes, paper plates, plastic
ware, and 'good' china seep heavy metals, malonic acid and thallium.
Ceramic and enamelware also seep.

She indicates stainless steel, high density polyethylene (#2), zippered
plastic bags, and white Tupperware bowl in her picture do not seep.

Then somewhere else last week I read that stainless steel does seep and
that you could take distilled water and test it- then fill a stainless
steel pot up, leave it overnight and then test it the next day for TDS.

When I store the CS in the plastic distilled water jug it tastes funny
to me. I try to keep it in a glass gallon jug.
Sigh... can't there just be an easy answer. my head hurts. ;-(

Wendy