Cseq is for sequencing of Requests in existing dialog. So as along as new
transaction follows this, I don't see any issue in UAC. UAS may have policy to
limit number of outstanding transaction but that is out of SIP. Any comment ?

-----Original Message-----
From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen
Paterson
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 3:22 PM
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo
Cc: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] Multiple concurrent transactions

But hidden away in 12.2.2 is:

If the remote sequence number was not empty, and the sequence number of the
request is greater than the remote sequence number, the request is in order.
It is possible for the CSeq sequence number to be higher than the remote
sequence number by more than one.  This is not an error condition, and a UAS
SHOULD be prepared to receive and process requests with CSeq values more than
one higher than the previous received request.

So, if the first hadn't arrived yet, the second should be accepted (admittedly
the first would then be out of order when it did arrive but that's a different
matter).

Steve

Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT,
UK Registration No: 1397386 (Wales) P Please consider the environment and don't
print this e-mail unless you really need to