That is correct but here we are mixing network behavior with UAC behavior. UAC
can send such MESSAGES, 3261 does not restrict UAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Iñaki Baz
Castillo
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 3:49 PM
Cc: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] Multiple concurrent transactions

2009/5/5 Pandurangan R S <pandurangan....@gmail.com>:
>>> If it didn't arrive, then the UAS would discard the new request
>>> since CSeq is incorrect (UAS expects 101 instead of 102).
>
> I think UAS expects a Cseq that is simply greater (not next number)
> than the Cseq received in a previous request from UAC.
> So it will accept 102, 103 etc..

If the UAC sends:

- INFO "1"  (CSeq 101)
- INFO "2"  (CSeq 102)
- INFO "3"  (CSeq 103)

and it doesn't wait for each transaction to be terminated, then if the third
request (CSeq 103) arrives before the others, the others will be rejected when
arriving (since CSeq is less than the last received:
103).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>