2009/5/5 Rastogi, Vipul (Vipul) <vrast...@avaya.com>:
> That is correct but here we are mixing network behavior with UAC behavior.
> UAC can send such MESSAGES, 3261 does not restrict UAC.

Imagine a UAC wanting to send the following DTMF sequence to a GW (UAS):
  1 2
(yes, I know that INFO is not estandarized for DTMF's... but you understand me).

Imagine that the UAC sends INFO "1"  (CSeq 101) and before receiving a
reply it also sends INFO "2" (CSeq 102).
Due to network congestion (or whatever) the first INFO is lost.
INFO "2" arrives to GW (CSeq 102).
UAC retransmists INFO "1". This arrives now to GW which rejects it due
to invalid CSeq (101 < 102).

So, finally UAC has sent DTMF 2 before 1, breaking the desired DTMF
sequence. Does it make sense?
Yes, maybe RFC 3261 doesn't prohibit it *explicitely*, but IMHO it
makes a lot of sense to avoid such UAC behaviour, don't you agree?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>