Hi,

It's probably about an unused vatiable. I had this error in sipp 3.1 when I
extracted something with ereg, but never used the variable. It is strange,
because it should rather say that it's referenced 0 times.

The error goes away if you use every extracted variable somewhere in the
scenario.

In sipp 3.0, I didn't get this error even if there were unused variables.

Another thing is that you should probably use parentheses () in the regular
expression if you assign to more than one variable. The, the first variable
will contain the whole expression and the next ones will contain the part
that matches the content of each parentheses.

So you should probably have
<ereg regexp="sip:(.*);transport=(.*)SIP/2.0"
assign_to="1,5,6"/>

And then you will have
1 - the whole contact beginning with "sip:" and ending with "SIP/2.0"
(first variable always gets the whole expression)
5 - the sip uri (the part between "sip:" and ";transport")
6 - the transport

And last but not least - do you really have "SIP/2.0" in Contact header? In
one of my tests, it looks as follows

Contact: <sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:16175;transport=UDP>

Hope this helps
--
Tomasz Radziszewski
Senior Software Engineer