From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eugen Sares
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:44 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Particle collision behaves differently after particle count > 4000

Hi,
I've got a simple setup here with "Simulate Bullet Rigid Bodies", where I'm
trying to fill a volume with small spherical particles (radius 0,1).
Testing 2013SP1.
As long as the particle count is below 4000 (for whatever reason), particles
tend to penetrate/clump.
Suddenly at the frame where the count reaches 4000, all particles push
themselves out of their neighbours at once, then simulation continues normally,
with no penetrations.
A bug? I didn't touch any simulation range settings.

Video (possibly not converted yet):
https://vimeo.com/47089050

Scene:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c0xke5