From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Rob Chapman
Sent: 06 September 2012 11:28
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE in Maya is an engineer's worst nightmare

hey thanks for this Eric,  how does one get an invite to this secret 3Dpro list
?

So its just a confirmation then of what Luceric has already hinted as to why
the ex devs from Softimage  are working on MayaFX - to port something like a
new ICE \ Naiad over to Maya. A bit more open about it than in the past which
is better than usual.

what I still don't get from this post or from any actions like this from
Autodesk, where does this leave Softimage once this work is complete?.  If our
dear old 'marge is worthy of pillaging yet is still only sold as a companion to
Maya because of ICE, once Maya has its own ICE what is the point of Softimage
in the M & E scheme?  Facerobot...??  we (Softimage users) are already 2nd
class citizens on the AD ship, one this is finished how will we not be demoted
to third class alongside Toxic and Matchmover :(

would it be possible for mr Vienneau to answer this?  or he only speaks to
market share above a certain percentage?

cheers

Rob

On 6 September 2012 04:04, Eric Thivierge