thanks Eric,

ok let me rephrase as I'm already painfully aware that as a Softimage
customer I currently have zero influence with Autodesk in the future
development of my app of choice - because the other apps have higher
priority. I understand your points and I really don't care what the other
AD apps get or have , I'm not using them on a daily basis.

what Im eager to know is, and this btw does fundamentally affect my
decision for further use and which direction to head next - is if it is
still going to be developed (more in the style it was prior to the purchase
rather than of lately) after its only unique selling point (in the eyes of
AD marketing) is assimilated into Maya. Its already been said elsewhere and
demonstrated as fact that AD wont develop in areas that crossover to the
other apps areas of interest.  - in fear of reprisal from the other larger
user bases and economic reasons,  If it continues the way it has then
really there is no point to using a product that is being held in
'maintenance' mode is there?  Its a slow death that the likes of Mr
Rabiller predicted years ago and I would rather make the course change
sooner rather than later.

Maya is to be the new platform of choice, has this new FX dev with lots of
investment in viewports etc, Max, it seems, they are admitting are limiting
to Design / Archviz only so no new *SIGNIFICANT *games / animation or
effects dev in the future for them but they do have an ongoing XBR dev
project.

Where is Softimage in all of this scheming?  is there a roadmap for the
next 5 years that the users would appreciate and are we to expect any new
features in the future of Softimage?