*"Agreed that Maya has not caught up to the "Now" that is Softimage and
ICE."*

Surely the target for 'Now' isn't Soft, it's Houdini? As great as ICE is it
doesn't exactly match Houdini in terms of 'pure' procedural workflows. I
can certainly take Luc-Eric's point that just bringing Maya up to Soft's
level isn't exactly pushing the envelope.

I mean, personally, I think Maya has just too much baggage to ever really
push boundaries again but if that's what AD is pushing towards then they
have to look beyond what Soft is doing at the moment.