Hi Steven
finally in the mailing list...
I've looked at your plugin a while back and resorted to implement a python
only approach for pyqt in softimage,
basically as was mentioned by others making sure the "qt application" is
global,
I never had any issues with signals from the Gui beeing blocked.. the only
problem is that I can't run dialogs in a non modal way,
not a big deal for save/open dialogs and such, but trying to have more
interaction, it is limiting.
If I remember correctly someone suggested that there's a way to get the
softimage xwindow, and just parent my dialogs to it,
but I couldn't find a way to get soft to return the top window handle from
python, did anyone else manage to do it without resorting to compiled
plugin?

Cheers
Ran