Hello list,

Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on some issues we have with mb
feather tools....

When we're caching out the pointcloud we're getting sporadic results in
reading the cache back.

We have 3 separate mb feather tool setups (body, head and wings) all under
different models. These all reference the same feather group in it's own
model) and all nodes have been switched to say 'this_model' as advised
within the documentation.

We're using 6 different feathers and populating the surface using the
envelope weights on the 'envelope mesh' that determines which feather
within the feather group goes where. This all works great when live but
when caching out we're finding that either:
1/The instances aren't there (the particles are - you can see if you change
the pointcloud display property to point)
2/Certain feathers are missing (ie feather 3 and 4).

You can force the instances to be visible by adding another ice tree on the
empty cache read point cloud with a 'set instance geometry' node, however
this only populates with the first feather in the feather group. - As the
compounds are locked we're not sure what attribute we could use to ensure
that the correct feathers are in the correct place.

It appears that when things do sporadicly work that they only do from a
single scene.  Exporting the model from this scene and caching causes even
weirder results which means it looks like using reference models in our
animation scenes is a no-go. We'll have to export animation action clips,
apply them into this scene that sporadicly works and export the ICE Cache
into our render scene.

Any pointers much appreciated on stating our blindingly obvious faults or
hooky work-arounds.

Cheers
Jonny