Cheers, Ben - Will do.  We're packing up a scene with the problem to mr MB
himself too so we'll see if he can shed some light on it! - Hopefully not
stating that we've made a fundamental mistake that will make us look like
knobs!

Yep, Matt... That's the problem... but again if Mr MB can show is which
attributes can be used to force a particular instance then that too would
be handy.. I'll be sure to update with our results/work arounds! I'll take
a look at EM's thang too. Thanks

Thanks for your help, guys

Jonny