Hi All,

Not sure if a consensus was reached on this, but I’m torn between which way to
turn in learning a new package.

Want to stay away from Maya as much as possible (since I already know it pretty
well) and will continue to use Soft for as long as I can, but thought it worth
at least starting to look at an alternative since it will probably mean more
employment options.

At the moment I’m looking at the three main alternatives; Houdini, C4D and
Modo.

I like Houdini, having had a very brief look into it already.

I also like the look of Modo 801 – particularly with the tie-up with other
Foundry tools (which I assume will only get stronger in the future).

But Cinema 4D also has some nice tools – particularly Xpresso which seems to be
heading towards the ICE direction from what I’ve seen.

I’ve also been sideways looking at Blender – although at the moment I just
can’t seem to battle past the interface!

Anyone have any insights into these that they can share that may help sway my
decision?

Again, apologies if this has done the rounds already!

Cheers

T.