Have any of you tried TurbulenceFD with C4D?

It truly is startling how good it is.
Stuff I really struggled with is easy.
On the other hand, stuff that was easy in ICE, well, I reserve judgement
until I know more,
but TurbulenceFD doesn't seem to have the controls to art direct the fluid
(gaseous only, not liquid) to do exactly what I want if it
isn't physically natural. Yet. In FX work, that is obviously of high
importance, but I don't have enough time with it to say for sure.

C4D is really quite good at a LOT of stuff, though. Stuff we struggle with
usually, that we just accept as "hard" or we have accepted
as something that just takes a long time. In C4D, many of these things are
not only fast, look good, but EASY. How often does THAT happen?

I am in the same boat as others here. I am evaluating C4D, Modo, Houdini

They all have their strengths, and one major weakness (they aren't
Softimage).

--

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>

-25 Years Experience
-Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES)