I've gone for a blender->houdini->nuke thing

adding modo to the pipe as soon as resources become less scarce :)

i would keep on with blender, you'd be surprised where you can fit it
into your pipeline.

currently, it's my main modeller, idea/face shape sculpter (skin mesh +
dyna-topo is fantastic) and story board/previs tool

current work is due to wrap in a couple of months so i've planned to
take some time off to really get to grips with houdini/nuke

--
Jon Swindells
jon_swinde...@fastmail.fm