Sorry that I made a joke about it. But This does not mean that this wiki is not
an important place in case you have an issue with
Softimage.

Let me explain:
>From the experience with Autodesk, the Softimage user are always confronted
>with a made decision. Made by people who have little or
no connection to Softimage and their user base. This time, it is "The Wiki will
be dead". Instead of reaching out and asking this
Softimage group if the wiki is still important and useful, an admins check the
traffic and decides this it is not important any
more.
The Wiki is not used for the every day job, it is used if we hit a wall and
need help. Therefore it does not produce that much
ammount of traffic.

As you have seen it is still important this and then. And with that in mind, we
(Autodesk and the users) could have found a way.
Instead it is another "Live with it" notice. And now, users think again they
are on their own and start downloading the website page
by page with tools.
And as I think that we can not influence anything at Autodesk regarding
Softimage, I prefer some gallows humor.

Some questions and more background:
Did the admin reach out to the Softimage departement to ask if the wiki can be
shut down?
I could not assume that an admin will remove a website without asking the
responsible departement, does he?
And the Softimage departement, did they know that the wiki means? If they do
not know, why don't they ask us? Because a dead
software does not require any websites? Another of these "Softimage is dead and
therefore " decisions that we have to struggle with
since years.

Softimage users have tried to influence Autodesk right from the beginning. When
Softimage was bought by Autodesk, many customers
have not continued their maintenence, because they did not know what will
happen. Will it be another app that gets killed like some
others have already been? Or will it continue and rise? They waited to see at
least some signs if Autodesk will support Softimage
and continue for exampple the road map for ICE. Instead we heard that AD build
up a new non-SI-experienced dev group in Singapore.

At that time Softimage users have tried to get in contact with Autodesk and
tried that Softimage will be seen as one of the 3 3D
applications at Autodesk. But we failed. All flyers had Maya and 3dsmax only.
The main AD website has not listed Softimage beside
3dsmax and Maya. And so on...

Sorry that we have lost faith that Autodesk will be doing something in the
interest of Softimage users.

Holger Schönberger
technical director
The day has 24 hours, if that does not suffice, I will take the night