I would suggest following up with RootMagic and see if they have overloaded one
of the builtin collation sequences (NOCASE comes to mind) with something else
-- perhaps something that knows how to do Case Insensitive and Accent
Insensitive across the entire Unicode spectrum.

Can you issue direct SQL Queries to RootMagic, or does it only use "pre-canned"
queries (pre-canned includes anything where you cannot type an SQL statement to
execute) such as QBE interfaces.

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı