Thank you for your suggestion Clemens. I had responded about the pragma
mmap_size to Mr. Mistachkin, but it ended up in the wrong place, probably
because of a mistake I made.
Here is the contents of that message below and sorry about the inconvenience:
I tried changing it to several different values for that pragma, but it did not
seem to have any affect on how large the Active Mapped File could grow. The
pragma was set before anything else was done on the connection. Although
futile; I also tried attempting to use the pragma on the connection string, but
that did not seem to change the value for the pragma when it was queried
immediately after.

The default value was 0 when I queried it. The values I tried changing it to
were: 1048576, 10485760, 1024, 1, -1, and resetting it to 0.

Thank you for your suggestion though, I greatly appreciate it!

    On Friday, May 26, 2017 4:43 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

 Jamie wrote:
> this is not the normal Windows File Caching that you would typically
> see. File Caching would be under STANDBY Mapped File

To rule out SQLite's mmap, execute "PRAGMA mmap_size = 0", and then
confirm with the output of "PRAGMA mmap_size".

<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn567645.aspx>
says that there is a different kind of file cache for a random-access
file, and that it shows up as active mapped pages.

SQLite does not use FILE_FLAG_RANDOM_ACCESS (except on Windows CE), but
it's possible that Windows is estimating that the accesses are random
(because the actually are).

Regards,
Clemens