On Friday, 26 May, 2017 08:27, Jamie <eqrecov...@yahoo.com> said:

>> <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn567645.aspx>
>> says that there is a different kind of file cache for a random-access
>> file, and that it shows up as active mapped pages.
>> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/976618/you-experience-performance-issues-in-applications-and-services-when-the-system-file->
>>  cache-consumes-most-of-the-physical-ram

> These pages are describing an unrelated problem with a Windows Service(s),
> as those active pages under the category for METAFILE, and not under
> Mapped File.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2549369/performance-degrades-when-accessing-large-files-with-file-flag-random-access

Although the optimization is good, it sounds like it is the typical Microsoft
designed-by-flock-of-idiots software.  There is absolutely no way that this
should *ever* happen unless the cache was designed by complete utter morons.
Of course, knowing the history of this the code that "works properly" was
probably patented IBM technology that had to be removed and re-written
(defectively) by Microsoft after they stole OS/2 to develop Windows NT ...

And I know that this "bug" is present still in Windows 10 1607.  Don't know if
they have fixed it in 1703, but I kind of doubt it.  Instead they added "page
compression" (that you cannot disable) to create even more problems.