Laura,

'df -h' should give you some hints, or 'showmount'. I run on BSD not Linux,
but most unix like OS's will tell you if the mount point is a hard drive
or a remote mount, in which case, it will have a hostname:/path instead of
a /dev/dsk device file as the device/partition information.

HTH.
Rob.

Hi Rob,
sorry for the delay, the result of df -h is this:

/dev/sda1             3.9G  1.6G  2.2G  42% /
none                  504M     0  504M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda4             9.7G  2.5G  6.7G  27% /home
/dev/sda3             136G   32G   97G  25% /var

Then, if I've understood well, my filesystem is not residing on an NFS mounted disk...